An all new 5e supplement featuring detailed NPCs and a focus on how to use their minions, with convenient, time-saving tips.
This is not the final cover art. For example only. The Necro-dragon is one of the masters featured in the book!
About the book:
One thing we’ve noticed as game masters ourselves, is the challenge that most GMs face: prep time. With busy lives like ours in mind, we wanted to create a book that has NEW content to help with that! The idea with Masters and Minions was to develop some Bosses and their followers, but with a focus on how they use their minions – and provide some tips and strategies that any GM can “drag and drop” into a new or existing game. This new content will span levels 1 – 20, so the book will continue to provide you with new content as your players level up!
- 18 bosses and their minions
- new Map locations
- 6 new monsters
- tips and strategies
- developed antagonists
- new in-depth settings (towns, cities, etc)
- motivations, goals and strategies for masters
- plot ideas and roleplaying hooks
- new lore
- “plug and play” options for new or existing campaigns
- side quests
- the benefit of time-saving while prepping for a game
- Dan Dillon, writer: Tome of Beasts/Kobold Press, Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing.
- Jim Pinto, writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children, World’s Largest Dungeon
- Foreword by Matthew Colville: Writer and designer in video games. Writer of Priest (Ratcatchers #1), Thief (Ratcatchers #2), Critical Role: Vox Machina and runs a YouTube channel with 130K+ subscribers
- Alyssa Faden, maps: Paizo, Gygax Magazine, Kobold Quarterly, Silver Gryphon Games, R.Scott Taylor, and Jon Brazer Enterprises and creator of the Torn World setting.
- Conceptopolis, LLC, artwork: Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel, DC, Wizards of the Coast, Lego, Sony, Square Enix, among others.
- Published by Jetpack 7: Gods and Goddesses, successfully funded on Kickstarter and published in 2017
What you can expect:
- Encounters covering levels 1-20.
- Encounters are broken into levels 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, etc., allowing for flexible game options.
- Lore and description on each Master and how they use their minions.
- Each Master has story hooks, tricks, puzzles and strategy on how to use each one effectively. This can potentially save hours of prep time for a GM.
- **All new** content not previously published or compiled from other products.
- Detailed NPCs, with the primary focus being how the masters implement and use their minions.
- Minions will be unique (new monsters). Alternate minion types will also be suggested.
- Strategy tips
- Estimated book size: 100 pages (hardcover)